Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Ahhhh.... The Good Old Days....

Remember when you were a kid and you loved ponies and horses.
When I was a kid, I use to jump on any horse I seen, the word fear was not in my vocabulary. And my parents where always nonchalantly... Stop running up to strange horses and trying to ride them....

However! Today. Not the case. More and more people are speaking out via online on how kids should have all safety measures taken! Helmets, chest protectors, braces, and most importantly the "appropriately trained perfect pony/horse" with the "phenomenal disposition" ....... hahahahaha.... IT'S A FRICKIN' ANIMAL! There are risks to be taken WITH ANY ANIMAL! whether it be a horse, dog, or CAT! Hell I had armadillo's chasing me in the pasture the other night,... they could have had RABIES!... OOOOO Nooooo...

Give me a break! If every time I have EVER been around a horse I went "BY THE SAFETY BOOK" I would have only gotten half of my SHIT done! As a farrier, there are still times I get kicked, bit at, stepped on, crapped and pissed on. It Happens!

Do I aim to keep on my toes and be alert, why certainly! But realistically... not possible every day every horse all my life. Do I teach kids or even Adults for that matter, how to be "SAFE" around horses, suggests helmets for safety, when I feel them necessary? Absolutely! Do I advise people or kids, that horse is "too much" horse for you? Absolutely! Do some people perform dumb acts with kids and horses.. Absolutely! And I kindly inform them, sometimes I am sarcastic, sometimes not, depends on if the situation calls for it. Noooo One knows "EVERY THING" about horses! NOOOOO OOOONE!!!

But... This shit where people are speaking up about kids and horses... PETA and Child Advocate bullshit.... is getting too much for me.

Exhibit A:
Here a poster is outright stamping "incompetent parent" onto the parents of these kids... pictures of the kids above.... and posts like this are becoming more and more. "No adult in sight?" Weeeelll... someone TALLER than the kids snapped the shot!!! Oooooo.... you mean the kids should be "Held" by an adult while near the yearlings. Ahhhh... I must be a flippin' moron!!! *ROLLING EYES IN DISGUST!

These parents are worth slamming..... WHY? because those are yearlings. SO! My first HORSE was a yearling! My first pony at 7 yrs old wasn't even Halter broke!
Soooo... Kids should now to be banned from being within 10 feet of a yearling???
GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE! You and your "banning" the world from living life with your safety shit! For those who are unaware on how powerful these "pursuit of safety for children" are.... Here is a result from the "Protect our kids for lead poisoning".... Manufacturers are banned from selling mini bikes to children... for the reason... THEY HAVE LEAD WITHIN THE BIKE AND KIDS COULD SWALLOW IT. ........ yes. This is currently what resulted in how our GOVERNMENT enforced this crusade by these nut jobs who demanded our .... ahem... incompetent.... Government to "Fix" the Lead issue. If you want safety for your kid, or you want to "preach" safety... Have at IT! Just don't go around speaking out to "change" the world. And be careful what you ask for... from our government. You will get an "over reaction" from those Nut Jobs!

So my question is this? WHAT "Exaaactly" would you like to see changed? Kids should be banned from horses of a:
A. Certain Age
B. Certain Disposition, if so, what would be your advised disposition, and WHO is to regulate this? YOU?
C. Certain Size
D. Certain Breed
E. Certain Training levels
...........................
K. Certain Color... *

We could go Oooooon and Ooooon with a list of regulations that YOU NUTS are pushing to be regulated online. But I say... SHUT THE HELL UP! and let people use their OWN JUDGEMENT and Common Sense! And yes, I am using my common sense if I allow a kid near a yearling! When I know the kid and the yearling and their abilities and disposition. Is there a risk, Absolutely! But so isn't putting the kid in a car and driving them to town to a soccer game you nanny state pursuing freak! So who are you to judge a parent or yearling from a "snapshot" ... Get the "facts" before you "crucify" someone online! And you can BET your ASS I or someone else could pass judgment on YOU if you posted a few snapshots of you and Your horse! Choose your Wars Wisely.

Exhibit B....
Ed Being Naughty... with almost 700,00 views... People took Ed's "EDITED" 3 and half minutes!!! of bad disposition... and SLAMMED IT!!!! People Posted Ed's "breakdown" and SLAMMED IT!!! I've always said... there's TWO.. TWO sides to the story... just do your ReeeSeeearch!!!! Right next to Ed being BAD clip.. IS ED BEING GOOD!!!! of TEN.. TEN MINUTES of video!! with only 40,000 views! Do the math.

Secondly.... I'm soooo happy for all you Wussys who want to ride a "boring ass old broke down, no spirited horse" and prefer your kid to learn how to ride on that same horse, and I might add strongly believe a horse Should ALWAYS be on THEIR BEST Behavior and COMMUNICATE with their rider by means of "appropriate" language????? whatever that is ????





Onto my next complaint..........
Exploiting Ponies.

Another poster believes this is animal abuse and just plan Wrong!

Well animals are not toys as should not be treated as such and I don’t think we should teach our children to do so either. Not much good comes of it.


To me this is just another Peta freak who believes only 10 people in this world are qualified to own a horse and/or pony.... for SHE... SHE believes the rest of the world is "unqualified" to do so, and we just flat out abuse these wonderful creatures who deserve a world of privacy with HER and HER NINE FRIENDS!
HA. HA. HAHAHAHA.... YOU PETA ANIMAL HOARDING FREAK!
Sooooooo Noooow......
playing, pampering and loving on an animal “too much” is animal cruelty ??? Freak!
have you loooost your mind ??? Freak!

There's not a DAMN THING wrong with what this family is doing, these ponies are OBVIOUSLY Ooooh'ed and Ahhh'ed over, and in blatantly good health, not going to the FairGrounds in circles for hours on end and cared for by that scurvy old man who "Man Handles" a little pony....

If you think what this family is doing with these ponies by dressing them up is abuse, you need a hobby, because you got too much time on your hands to find minuscule things to bitch and be jealous about.


Until next time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

Kaede said...

Late to the party
But, one of my daughters dyes her hair that exact shade of pink.

The "Animals aren't toys and shouldn't be treated as such" comment reminded be of a comment made by the director of a summer camp I worked for

"All cooking projects need to be made from scratch and whole foods so the children will know that food is a product of the earth and food should NEVER be used as an art project or a toy".

Uh, ok. So I have to mill the wheat myself? How about squash the sugar cane and boil the syrup? This is a city, do I milk the cows and collect the eggs too? Where can I FIND cows and chickens? They aren't allowed within the city limits. Unless they are dead.

So no dyed macaroni for necklaces, potato prints, bean mosaics or bread dough clay either?